Watch this clip from A Bug's Life:
And then tell me... if your husband picked you up off the couch to carry you to bed and on the way quoted Heimlich saying, "I'm a beautiful butterfly!" wouldn't you wonder what inspired such a comment? After he laid me down on the bed I was laughing so hard and then I said, "so what you're saying is that I'm a fat caterpillar?" John was quick to deny that he was implying anything about my weight and kept insisting that no, it was he who is the fat caterpillar. But man oh man, it was a funny laugh arguing over who really was the chubby caterpillar!

Anyway, speaking of chubbiness... our little Joseph has been packing on the pounds! We took him to his 4 month check-up last Wednesday and he is doing great. He weighs 12lbs 6oz, which is still in the 8th percentile and he is just under 25 inches long which puts him around the 50th percentile for his heighth. He hasn't really rolled over any more than that one time we caught him on video. And bath time has been hated other than the one time I put the camera nearby to capture this shot because I had a feeling it would be a good bath day.

Joseph is such an alert baby and loves to smile at practically anyone. His laughs are becoming more and more frequent and that is just so fun. He always seems to smile and laugh when I am changing his clothes. He's wearing his 3 to 6 month old clothes now. He has a little colorful toy elephant, a stuffed teddy bear and a few rattles that he loves to play with. His newest favorite is sucking his pointer finger.

He has a little cough and congestion and I tell you what. Sucking out those boogies and waking up at 3 am to his coughing is just like my favorite thing in the world! I'm doing baby signing with him and am pretty much just using one sign: MILK for right now. I'll keep introducing more signs gradually. I'm really excited about doing this. I think it will be a fun way to help him communicate better earlier. I've been signing the abc's to him whenever I sing since he's been born and he always loves to watch the movements of my hands more than the movement of my mouth when I sign.
I'll go ahead and end this post with some more pictures of Joseph... just for you Melissa! But look for more posts coming soon because we just came home from a very blog-worthy weekend!
I'll go ahead and end this post with some more pictures of Joseph... just for you Melissa! But look for more posts coming soon because we just came home from a very blog-worthy weekend!


5 wonderful people have this to say:
I think you have a cutie there! So sorry we missed you this weekend, but thanks for updating your blog so we can see the pics and such. This long-distance grandparenting sucks...
It was so fun to see you this last week. I'm glad you came over to visit. Let me know how it goes with that crib & take a picture if you get it. Joseph sure is a cutie!
He is so cute! :) And such beautiful big eyes! I'm glad you all are doing very well.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
My heart misses you guys so much! I wish I could kiss Joseph's chubby cheeks.
I absolutely love your cute baby. It is a good thing that I don't live closer or I would come over all the time to enjoy all his baby goodness. And his cheeks!... oh, he is yummy!
Post a Comment