
Because I know you all are dying to know...
This pregnancy has been wonderful. I only have one more month left! Wednesday is my 36 week appointment where they will start to check my "progress" completely. I've heard that it becomes easier to get pretty anxious for the baby to come outta there once they start doing that because you hear every week how "close" you are.
Anyway, just for kicks and giggles, I wanted to do a little post about how this pregnancy has been for me. I feel like pointing to my stomach and saying, "except for the obvious, I don't even feel pregnant!" It really has been that good. During my first trimester, I did feel nauseous most of the time. I threw up around ten times. I only threw up about two more times into my second trimester. I had heartburn really bad once back in my second trimester, but then it didn't bother me since then until recently. But it's not nearly as bad as that first time. A few Tums and I'm good to go!
I haven't felt my baby kick me so hard that it hurts, like in the ribs. I do occasionally feel some weird movements that are pretty uncomfortable, but I have no idea what he is doing in there. I have a feeling though that I'm going to get some of those painful movements and kicks that I hear about during this last month. I haven't experienced any food cravings any more than I did when I wasn't pregnant, which is not very often anyway. I have taken a prenatal vitamin every day throughout this pregnancy, except for maybe a small handful of days when I was out of town and forgot to bring them with me. I have been able to sleep really well and I haven't really even noticed a big change in my sleep patterns from when I wasn't pregnant. (those who know me really well know what that means!) Of course I've experienced the joys of having to get up in the middle of the night a few times to pee, and definitely having to go more often throughout the day than I ever have before. And the wonderfulness of marshmallow feet. I say "wonderfulness" because it really is. Then I get to ask for foot massages all the time from my husband and those are wonderful! There have been only a few times when I have felt that my emotions are out of whack for no apparent reason and I've blamed that on the raging pregnancy hormones, but other than that I have felt really happy, peaceful and content with myself and life. That in and of itself is great reason to rejoice!
We are having our baby in the hospital. My top preference would be to have him at a birthing center, but there are none in St. George... yet. We considered doing a home birth, but decided against it at this time. At some point in my child birthing years though, I really would like to have that experience. I did decide to have a doula attend my hospital birth, and I am really excited about that. She has been a great resource to me so far, and I have been feeling so much better about anticipating labor, knowing that she will be there. And another thing that I am really looking forward to is having my mom with me! She will be coming the weekend before Joseph is due, and staying for about another three weeks after he's born! Knowing that I will have her help and support during that time is a great relief to me and eases a lot of worry.
As far as having things all ready for when the baby comes... we still don't feel totally ready, but we are making progress. I have had one baby shower so far and am having a second one on Saturday. After which I plan on going through everything I have and making a little inventory of what we will need after that. Joseph will be sharing our room with us, so I haven't really been putting any thought into "designing a nursery" for him. And in case you're wondering why he's sharing a room with us, it's because that's the only space we have for him! We'll be living here until the end of January, and possibly six months after that. The plan, however, is to be moving somewhere closer to John's work at that time. Packing, moving, new baby... yeah, I'll cross that bridge when it comes! :) I did find a picture of a changing table/dresser in a little magazine and asked John to build it. He did and it is beautiful, of course. It's really cool, in that when we are finished using it as a changing table, we can flip it over and use it for a dresser. It still needs a few finishing touches and then I will take pictures of it to post on here. We still don't have a place for him to sleep, but I have picked out what I'd like for him: a Graco Travel Lite Crib. It's what will work the very best with the limited space that we have. We have lots of clothes and blankets and some diapers too. And a car seat and a little portable swing. We don't have any bottles or pacifiers, a baby tub, or any other baby bath stuff (except for baby shampoo). Anyway, I'm looking forward to my shower and to getting everything ready for him. I can't believe he's coming so soon! This pregnancy hasn't seemed very long to me. All in all, I don't mind the idea of having many more pregnancies to come because this one has been so great!
This pregnancy has been wonderful. I only have one more month left! Wednesday is my 36 week appointment where they will start to check my "progress" completely. I've heard that it becomes easier to get pretty anxious for the baby to come outta there once they start doing that because you hear every week how "close" you are.
Anyway, just for kicks and giggles, I wanted to do a little post about how this pregnancy has been for me. I feel like pointing to my stomach and saying, "except for the obvious, I don't even feel pregnant!" It really has been that good. During my first trimester, I did feel nauseous most of the time. I threw up around ten times. I only threw up about two more times into my second trimester. I had heartburn really bad once back in my second trimester, but then it didn't bother me since then until recently. But it's not nearly as bad as that first time. A few Tums and I'm good to go!
I haven't felt my baby kick me so hard that it hurts, like in the ribs. I do occasionally feel some weird movements that are pretty uncomfortable, but I have no idea what he is doing in there. I have a feeling though that I'm going to get some of those painful movements and kicks that I hear about during this last month. I haven't experienced any food cravings any more than I did when I wasn't pregnant, which is not very often anyway. I have taken a prenatal vitamin every day throughout this pregnancy, except for maybe a small handful of days when I was out of town and forgot to bring them with me. I have been able to sleep really well and I haven't really even noticed a big change in my sleep patterns from when I wasn't pregnant. (those who know me really well know what that means!) Of course I've experienced the joys of having to get up in the middle of the night a few times to pee, and definitely having to go more often throughout the day than I ever have before. And the wonderfulness of marshmallow feet. I say "wonderfulness" because it really is. Then I get to ask for foot massages all the time from my husband and those are wonderful! There have been only a few times when I have felt that my emotions are out of whack for no apparent reason and I've blamed that on the raging pregnancy hormones, but other than that I have felt really happy, peaceful and content with myself and life. That in and of itself is great reason to rejoice!
We are having our baby in the hospital. My top preference would be to have him at a birthing center, but there are none in St. George... yet. We considered doing a home birth, but decided against it at this time. At some point in my child birthing years though, I really would like to have that experience. I did decide to have a doula attend my hospital birth, and I am really excited about that. She has been a great resource to me so far, and I have been feeling so much better about anticipating labor, knowing that she will be there. And another thing that I am really looking forward to is having my mom with me! She will be coming the weekend before Joseph is due, and staying for about another three weeks after he's born! Knowing that I will have her help and support during that time is a great relief to me and eases a lot of worry.
As far as having things all ready for when the baby comes... we still don't feel totally ready, but we are making progress. I have had one baby shower so far and am having a second one on Saturday. After which I plan on going through everything I have and making a little inventory of what we will need after that. Joseph will be sharing our room with us, so I haven't really been putting any thought into "designing a nursery" for him. And in case you're wondering why he's sharing a room with us, it's because that's the only space we have for him! We'll be living here until the end of January, and possibly six months after that. The plan, however, is to be moving somewhere closer to John's work at that time. Packing, moving, new baby... yeah, I'll cross that bridge when it comes! :) I did find a picture of a changing table/dresser in a little magazine and asked John to build it. He did and it is beautiful, of course. It's really cool, in that when we are finished using it as a changing table, we can flip it over and use it for a dresser. It still needs a few finishing touches and then I will take pictures of it to post on here. We still don't have a place for him to sleep, but I have picked out what I'd like for him: a Graco Travel Lite Crib. It's what will work the very best with the limited space that we have. We have lots of clothes and blankets and some diapers too. And a car seat and a little portable swing. We don't have any bottles or pacifiers, a baby tub, or any other baby bath stuff (except for baby shampoo). Anyway, I'm looking forward to my shower and to getting everything ready for him. I can't believe he's coming so soon! This pregnancy hasn't seemed very long to me. All in all, I don't mind the idea of having many more pregnancies to come because this one has been so great!

5 wonderful people have this to say:
I loe being pregnant and am glad that you have enjoyed it! Good luck with the birth and enjoy every minute of it! Can't wait to hear about it!
what a pretty pink pregnant lady you are,I'm so excited for you.
So cute and so exciting! I hope I am as optimistic as you are when I'm pregnant! Congratulations!
I love this post. I love hearing your happy, positive comments about your pregnancy. I'm so excited for you!
I am truly happy for you and your hubby! Life is so much more meaningful with a little on around. I too love being pregnant...this one has been rough but I love it because I am carrying my son and nothing is greater than that! I am excited to see your little one and hope to meet him sometime in the near funture! Doula's are great...I had Lukas with my doula by my side and vowed to never do it without her. I hope you have a great experience as well. Are you delivering natural? Love ya!
Post a Comment