Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Lying in Bed

Why is it that when I'm lying in bed at night all I can think about is a hundred things I could blog about and then during the day I can't really think of any? Story of my life. I should keep a little notepad next to my bed and write down all of my fabulous post ideas so I'll remember them come morning. Speaking of a hundred things though... I've seen a list of 100 things about yourself on some friends' blogs so I guess I could blog about that. Here goes.

A Hundred Things About Lindsay

  1. Instead of doing this list I really should be eating some breakfast
  2. Even though it's already noon
  3. It's noon because I really like to sleep in
  4. And I do most days
  5. I am well aware that I won't be able to do this for very much longer
  6. So I'm stockpiling up on sleep... that'll work, won't it?
  7. Speaking of eating, I find it really annoying to have to do every day
  8. There are things I really like to eat, but just not to prepare
  9. I LOVE potato salad
  10. In fact, I basically love anything with potatoes
  11. Which is a good thing because my in-laws just gave us a gargantuan bag of potatoes
  12. Which means I have to prepare them all before they start sprouting
  13. My favorite fruits are peaches and kiwis
  14. I really love to cross stitch
  15. I've done it since I was 9 years old
  16. I also really love to read
  17. I read all sorts of stuff
  18. But my favorite books are ones that inspire me to be a better person
  19. I think I may possibly be addicted to the internet
  20. I'm singing in a community choir
  21. I really enjoy singing
  22. Especially in choirs with great conductors
  23. I've always wanted to be an actress
  24. And here's a breakdown of my extensive acting experiences:
  25. I took an acting class when I was 13
  26. I was in my 6th grade play and had the whole school laughing because I was so good at hamming it up
  27. I was in a Relief Society play about Eliza Snow
  28. I did it twice
  29. And that's it
  30. I did get headshots taken of me about a year ago though
  31. My dream is to be able to act in a production by the LDS Church
  32. Not a production by someone who is LDS
  33. But to be in something like The Testaments or Legacy
  34. I'm taking an adult Institute class on Thursdays with John
  35. We're studying the Doctrine and Covenants
  36. I have one brother and one sister
  37. And one half brother and one half sister
  38. And three step brothers and one step sister on one side
  39. And three step brothers on the other side
  40. What is that, 11 siblings? wow.
  41. I love reading the Ensign
  42. I read it cover to cover every month
  43. I've done that every month this year
  44. My birthday is the day after Christmas
  45. And actually, I like it that way
  46. I'm 35 weeks pregnant today
  47. I'm having a boy
  48. We'll name him Joseph Allen Humphries
  49. I am getting kind of hungry
  50. And I'm only halfway done with this list!
  51. I lived in China for 5 months
  52. I taught English at a University there
  53. I kissed two Chinese boys while I was there too
  54. I keep a journal
  55. And it's not my blog
  56. I have a journal of my life from about the time I was 2
  57. I plan on publishing it soon, so keep your eye out for it!
  58. I have been to Washington D.C. more times than I can count
  59. Because I grew up in North Carolina and our closest relatives lived in Baltimore, so we visited them lots
  60. I've broken an inch thick board with my bare hand
  61. On the very first try
  62. It took me 6 years to get my 2 year Associate of Arts degree
  63. I've hiked Mount Olympus (on the Wasatch Front) to the top 9 times
  64. I've had a cat as a pet for the majority of my life
  65. I really love family history
  66. My favorite holiday is Christmas
  67. And my least favorite is Halloween
  68. I broke my leg once from stepping off of 3 stairs
  69. I want to have a lot of kids
  70. Like 8 at least
  71. My favorite movie is Anne of Green Gables
  72. One day I would really love to wear a dress with a big hoop skirt
  73. I met my husband on the internet
  74. I used to believe that life would be so much easier if everyone were as smart as me
  75. Sometimes I still do
  76. You know I'm kidding, right?
  77. Unless you're one of my parents reading this, then you'd probably believe me
  78. Because you endured me throughout my teenage years
  79. I love country music
  80. But I used to hate it so much that it would make me physically ill to have to listen to it
  81. I can kind of play the violin
  82. One of my favorite jobs was working as a photographer at Kiddie Kandids
  83. And another one was working as a girls camp counselor at Oakcrest, an LDS girls camp
  84. I did that 2 summers
  85. Another thing that I really want to do is voice over work
  86. I'd really love to do a recording of a book
  87. I've also walked across burning hot coals with bare feet without even getting burned
  88. I LOVE roller coasters and other major thrill rides
  89. I've ridden the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point - it was rated no. 10 in 2006 for the best steel roller coaster in the world
  90. And it really was that awesome
  91. I don't like to kill bugs
  92. But I don't really like them much either
  93. So I help to usher them out of the house, or have my husband kill them
  94. I've sung in a choir at General Conference at the Tabernacle before
  95. And I've also sung in a choir at the Conference Center for General Conference too
  96. I really love people
  97. And people watching
  98. I believe in unicorns
  99. And fairies
  100. My favorite flowers are daffodils
Now I'm going to go scrounge up something to eat! mmmmm... I think I'll have a potato.

1 wonderful people have this to say:

Ashley said...

Wow, I didn't know a lot of those things! Makes sense though.. That's awesome you went to China and taught English! My friend is doing that in January. And you walked on hot coals? That's cool, too! Thanks for sharing. :)