Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Perspective

Social networking is amazing. There is such an opportunity to share so many ideas and connect people from all over. Today I read a blog that one of my facebook friends had linked on her facebook account because she had seen one of her friends link it. And now I'm going to share it as well because it touched my heart deeply today. I needed this.

Read this story of a mother who almost lost her baby boy due to drowning in the bathtub. This is fresh. The incident occured on February 1st, just 8 days ago. This woman's character shines through, reaches out and grabs at the heart. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have the frame of mind to get through an experience like this, let alone blog it, but I must say I am so grateful that she has shared what she has because her emotions are so raw and because of that, it is so REAL. And it's this sharing of REAL life that means the most to me.

I want to do more of that myself.

Anyway, here's the link to "what happened" and after you read that, browse all of her updates since then if you'd like, but be sure to read this latest one from today.

Photobucket

2 wonderful people have this to say:

Emily H. said...

My mom told me that an old neighbor of mine had born her testimony on Sunday and talked about almost losing her grand-nephew the previous week to an accidental drowning. When I read this post I suspected they had to be the same story...and it is. They were amazed at how many people had responded to this story. It is so heartwrenching, I don't even want to think about it what that poor mom has had to go through. It's true. It does make us look at life a little differently.

April said...

My mom and dad were telling us about this story yesterday. I think the mom who experienced that was a speaker at their stake conference yesterday. It may not have been her, maybe someone related to her or something, but that was definitely the same experience shared at my parents' stake conference. Anyway, wow! What a blessing that he was okay!