Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Train of Thought

*driving home from school today I was flipping through stations and kept it on the classical music station which was playing a lovely violin piece*

wow, this is amazingly beautiful to listen to. I really love classical music.

I wonder if many other people my age enjoy listening to classical music.

I wonder if more people would feel less stressed if they listened to this kind of music more often.

Maybe it would alleviate those "Avatar blues" some people are having.

Avatar was a really cool movie.

I wonder what kind of person James Cameron is.

I know he did Titanic.

That was the first PG-13 movie in America where a woman's breast was shown. I remember that caused quite a stir.

I wish that nudity wasn't so emotionally tied to sex in culture. Like the time that John and I were at the DI and flipping through a book on pregnancy and there were full page photos of naked women and John said, "woah!" I wish there wasn't that stigma.

I wish more respect would be shown for sex. I feel like it's a beautiful thing.

I read this last night: "We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed" in the Family Proclamation.

wow. My train of thought has gone from a violin sonata to the act of sex.

This might actually make for an interesting blog post.


Photobucket

5 wonderful people have this to say:

Pam Price said...

CRACK. ME. UP. :) Love this post...

A Joyful Chaos said...

Great post. thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Lay said...

You are funny. I, too, enjoy classical music. It makes any drive feel beautiful.

April said...

I like classical music, too! Oh my heck Sunbeam, that article about people being depressed after seeing Avatar made me laugh. I guess I should feel bad about it because they probably don't have very many friends or something - I don't understand how they'd rather live in Avatar than in the real world, but maybe the real world is crappy for them.... Anyway, I just wasn't a big fan of Avatar so I thought it was funny. So, do you think they should show breasts in PG-13 movies? You know, like if it's not associated with sex? What do you think?

Lindsay said...

well, it really depends. If the movie is for entertainment purposes, I don't think it's appropriate to use the form of the human body to entertain because it basically objectifies the person whose body it is, and I just don't feel good about that. If the movie is for educational purposes, or if it is accurately portraying historical events (like Shindler's List), I feel better about that, but it isn't often that Hollywood is the one to release that type of movie. What do you think about it?