Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27, 1999

*sometimes I let too much time go by without blogging and with the start of the new year I had some ideas of things I can blog about. One of them is to reach back in my journals over the years and share the entry from today's day, years ago. So, here goes!*

Dear Cat,

Well today I didn’t go to school. Cause I slept in. My alarm clock is broken and so I kind of have been having a problem with waking up. And also, I only had three classes today and they were all my least favorite, so I made no effort to try and get to school. Mom just said I could stay home. :) So today has been nice. :) Today I went and bought a new alarm clock. It is black. I like it a lot. It looks cool. And I hope it does a good job of waking me up! Today also the B.'s came over. They are my favorite people! I want me and my husband to be just like them when we are that old! They are just so awesome! :) Yesterday was cool cause I went to the temple with my mom, E, G & J. It was lots of fun. I just did confirmations. We went to the Salt Lake Temple. And the temple workers kept teasing me about the fact that I broke my leg from falling down three stairs! It was lots of fun! :) Goodnight!


*true story. I broke my leg and was in a cast for two months, just by stepping off three stairs. My mom didn't think I had broken it. She just thought I was being a baby when I was crawling around the house and couldn't walk. I walked around on crutches for two weeks before finally going to see a doctor and get it x-rayed because I still couldn't put any pressure on it. Spiral fracture of my tibia. The only bone I've ever broken.*


*and yes. I had named my journal 'Cat.'*



Photobucket

7 wonderful people have this to say:

Brianne said...

Linds! I totally remember when you broke your leg like that because it happened to me a couple months later or at the same time!! ugg! That's so funny! now I want to know who your secret names are for E, G, and J. hmmmmm is it a secret!?! That's such a fun idea to post what happened like 10years ago!! whoa that's awesome! Love ya friend!

Brianne said...

by the way do you have my new blog address?!

Lindsay said...

That's RIGHT!!! I forgot that you did the same thing, but now I totally remember!!! That's so funny we did the same thing... haha!! Yeah, so it's no secret about the names... don't drive yourself crazy... :) They are the first initials of my sister, step-dad and step-brother.

Lindsay said...

ummm... no? email it to me

Bonnie Weeks said...

Sunbeam! It was fun to look at your blog. I'm not a super facebooker but I do have a private blog. I'll send you an invite. You're little guy is SO cute!

April said...

Did you name your journal Cat to be like Anne Frank (who named her journal Kitty)?

Lindsay said...

haha.... no I didn't. I just loved cats and wanted a name for my journal. I was kinda cheesy in that way. When I was even younger I named another journal Sam, short for Samantha, after my American Girl doll