Well, this post is quite slow in coming, but... a few weekends ago we went up to visit my parents in the Salt Lake area. We stayed with my Dad & Judy on Friday night. It was sure great to be able to visit with them. Joseph has grown a lot since we saw them last! Do you see the resemblance to his Grandpa Ball?

On Saturday evening we went on a double date with my Mom & Greg to the Salt Lake Temple. It had been a few years since we had gone to that temple, so that was really neat. We did sealings and that was the first time doing them there.
We stayed with Mom & Greg on Saturday and Sunday night. Sunday morning Greg received a call from his family that his dad was not doing so well and would likely not live for much longer. His health has been poor for a while, so they were anticipating this to come soon. So Sunday and Monday we spent a lot of time at Greg's brother's house. I spent the majority of that time cross stitching. I'm working on a new little project that I am loving. (I'll show you later.)
On Monday we went swimming with Mom & Greg & my younger siblings. It was the first time that we have taken Joseph swimming.

We stayed with Mom & Greg on Saturday and Sunday night. Sunday morning Greg received a call from his family that his dad was not doing so well and would likely not live for much longer. His health has been poor for a while, so they were anticipating this to come soon. So Sunday and Monday we spent a lot of time at Greg's brother's house. I spent the majority of that time cross stitching. I'm working on a new little project that I am loving. (I'll show you later.)
On Monday we went swimming with Mom & Greg & my younger siblings. It was the first time that we have taken Joseph swimming.

It took him quite a while to get used to being in the water with all the people. He was unsure about the whole thing. I think he was a little tired too, so he was easily fussy. But we finally got to the point where he was smiling and laughing. He really enjoyed the lazy river. I think that's what did the trick.


So we got some happy swimming pictures and then right after, disaster struck. I was holding Joseph and I was on my knees. John thought it would be funny to tickle my feet. Well, I am extremely ticklish on my feet and hate it when the bottoms are touched! So I kicked my foot back a little and in so doing, my legs slipped out from under me and I went under, with Joseph in my arms!! I was freaking out inside my head because I was holding him and knew that he was going to go under the water and I felt so scared. I was trying so hard to get him up out of the water, but I could not get my footing. John freaked out when he saw us go under and then he lost his footing and was unable to help us get up! My mom finally took Joseph from me just about the time that I got him up out of the water and regained my footing. I swear it felt like the whole ordeal lasted at least a minute long, but I'm sure it wasn't any longer than 7 seconds. My entire body was visibly trembling and it took a long time before my legs stopped feeling like spaghetti. And needless to say, Joseph was done swimming. He was crying so hard. We took him down the lazy river a few more times to settle him down and then we decided to get out. He was so cuddly forever after that. Man, retelling this story has set my heart a-racing all over again!
Wondering where the swine flu comes into the picture? Well, John's cousin had come home from his mission and the family was gathering together that same weekend in Enterprise. Had we not gone up to Salt Lake, that's where we would have gone. We found out on Tuesday that everyone who went was very well exposed to the swine flu because it turns out his cousin had it. That would have been awesome too. Out of curiosity I looked up how many deaths have come about from the swine flu and of the total confirmed and probable cases, the deaths come to a whopping .5%. And I think those deaths are likely sicker elderly people whose bodies can't handle a lot anyway. The virus has been declared pandemic, but only on account of how quickly it is spreading rather than the severity of the illness. I must say this knowledge eases my mind, even though I wasn't really too worked up over the whole swine flu epidemic in the first place. Still, the flu isn't fun.
Wondering where the swine flu comes into the picture? Well, John's cousin had come home from his mission and the family was gathering together that same weekend in Enterprise. Had we not gone up to Salt Lake, that's where we would have gone. We found out on Tuesday that everyone who went was very well exposed to the swine flu because it turns out his cousin had it. That would have been awesome too. Out of curiosity I looked up how many deaths have come about from the swine flu and of the total confirmed and probable cases, the deaths come to a whopping .5%. And I think those deaths are likely sicker elderly people whose bodies can't handle a lot anyway. The virus has been declared pandemic, but only on account of how quickly it is spreading rather than the severity of the illness. I must say this knowledge eases my mind, even though I wasn't really too worked up over the whole swine flu epidemic in the first place. Still, the flu isn't fun.
3 wonderful people have this to say:
Oh man...what an adventure! That is so scary. Joseph is getting so big. He is really starting to fill out and is SO cute!
Brandon, Andrew, and Eric got the swine flu it's just scary cause of the news coverage but it really is just a cold and the flu mixed together and they recover pretty quickly
oh that picture of Grandpa Lauren and Joseph is precious!! I knew they looked alot alike. It is so adorable to see them together. and i loved your story that was soooo scary when you went under with Joseph. Yikes!! don't wanna do that again.
Post a Comment