I sat down with the June Ensign this morning and read an article that touched my heart deeply in two ways. It's titled Hope: The Misunderstood Sister and it emphasized a beautiful principle that patience in my tribulations gives me the experience of feeling my Savior's love for me which then leads me to be led by Hope... Hope, who "clearly sees a bright future even when the next hours seem fog shrouded." Hope will be there to lift me and remind me of my Savior. She "sees the end with perfect clarity." "Hope is anything but wishful. It is expectation based on experience." I really loved this message about hope and liked the way the author portrayed "Hope" as a physical being, a beautiful woman.
The other way that this article touched my heart was with what the author said about his understanding of the gospel:
"For me, things I don't understand about the gospel are like pieces of a larger puzzle I'm working on. If I don't see where they fit, I put them aside again. I have already received a witness that the whole picture - the restored gospel - is true and complete, so I don't worry about the pieces that haven't come together for me yet. They will."
I read this paragraph over and over again because I felt it was a beautiful description of the sentiments in my own heart as well. I do believe that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is on earth in it's fullness. I know that while I don't understand a lot of things about the gospel, I do believe it is true and I have complete trust and faith that one day I will, through my diligence in striving to see and understand and through God's grace, see all the pieces fit together, just like a puzzle.
I wanted to share that with you today. 
Fireworks
7 years ago
2 wonderful people have this to say:
I actually posted on this same article and I have read a few other blogs that have posted as well. Such a simple message that meant so much to me as well. Thanks for sharing your insights:)
I had to comment for two reasons: One, it drove me crazy to see "1 Wonderful People have commented ..." haha! And two, I wanted to tell you I love your new picture collage :)
Post a Comment