John and I are both suckers for happy endings. And this show did not have one.

We picked up season 1 of 24 from the library and watched it on our clearplay. The show is so addicting and well written too. If they had ended the show any other way it would have been weak and not consistent with how they had written one particular character, however, if I had known the show would end how it did, I don't know that I would have watched it. We stayed up till 2:30am to finish it up and felt like we had wasted our time doing so just because of those last few minutes. I was all caught up in the happiness of Jack and Teri renewing their love and commitment together with the hope of "starting over" with the new life she had growing inside her, so I was so disappointed with the ending! My favorite character was David Palmer. I appreciated his integrity throughout the show. Anyway, I spent like an hour the next day reading plot overviews and such for the rest of the seasons to save myself another 144 hours of viewing time. Has anyone else watched this series? How do you feel about it?
4 wonderful people have this to say:
My husband really wanted to watch 24, so I humored him and watched season 1. I was so angry at the end that he had to watch season 2 and most of 3 by himself. It stated watching again everyone once in a while, and then started watching all the episodes again. Once I got over the ending, I liked it, but I still have bad feelings about everyone on the show. It's hard to continue to like any character because they are not always good or likeable. Even Jack. Anyway, that's my thoughts about 24. We will be watching the next season in January though.
There are a lot of not so "happy endings" in 24. We started the series not too long ago and are now on season 7. It is very addicting and I really like, but it is pretty violent. If you are having a hard time with season 1 I wouldn't watch the rest if I were you. I enjoy it and just have realize, it's only tv, not real life!
I hated the ending!!! I didn't watch any of the other seasons either because we were so completely sucked in that that was all we did until we finished it. I was so mad that things just got good for them and the baby and everything and then WAAABAMMM! It was over...dumb, dumb, dumb.
is the name of this FRINGE? the fact that you are aware of the feelings of addiction and a feeling as strong as hate could be interesting to explore. I am reading a book called 'a new earth' by Eckhart Tolle.
I think you would like this book. It is about finding your inner purpose. He talks about our identification with the pain body through movies or so called 'entertainment'. The stronger our pain body, the more movies we want to see that reflect the pain body. He isn't discounting the good contributions that media makes to human consciousness.
Post a Comment