Thursday, December 18, 2008

Scoop Me Up

Joseph was dressed in this cute little outfit on Tuesday that said:


I didn't even get it until he was wearing it and I noticed it. I thought it was so cute and said, "okay!" as soon as I read it. Another thing I noticed about this outfit when I was changing him were the bottoms of the feet:

Cute huh. Baby clothes are just fun. He has a little bag that says "I love my mommy" on it. I like that outfit too. :)

So Joseph was three weeks old on Tuesday. I intended to post that day, but alas, the day was over and I still had a list of things to do. In fact, I've had things on my list to do that keep getting put off and have been for days now! Oh well. Baby comes first, and I am having so much fun with him. He really is a wonderful little guy. He is really calm and mellow, most of the time. And, although I have no idea how long this will last, he has been sleeping through the night since he was about a week old. I have been really grateful for that! The only thing that we're concerned about is his weight gain, or lack thereof rather. I weighed him today and he was only 7lbs 1oz, which is 1 more ounce than on Monday, but still... he should have been back at his birth weight of 7lbs 9oz at two weeks of age. He is eating great and I seem to have plenty of milk, so I can't think of why he isn't gaining weight. My doctor wants me to bring him in to weigh him again on Monday. He's concerned about it, but not overly because otherwise Joseph looks, acts and sounds so great he says.

Anyway... here's some more pictures of our little guy and us enjoying him.

holding hands with Mom...

and Dad

what we call the "cheerio" look... don't you love the binky?



I love his eye color... it's a dark blue, but John thinks they will change to brown. I don't know. I kinda hope they stay that pretty dark blue.

working on strengthening those neck muscles!



all tired out after screaming through his first water bath

cuddling up and sleeping with Joseph is one of my favorite things!

7 wonderful people have this to say:

Yatesfam said...

So precious! I miss those days.... Of course these days are fun too. Constantly laughing at a 2 year old!! ;) But there is just something about holding a sleeping baby and watching them grow one tiny step at a time! And the silly things you get excited for because it is their first time doing it :) I love it! So cute. I love the binky...LOL I have never seen those before!

Judy said...

Ya know, when I was nursing Robyn, she wasn't gaining either. A lot depends on what YOU are eating and how rich your milk is. If you aren't eating well, then your milk won't be as rich, etc. I ended up having to suppliment with formula. She was still only 20lbs at 1 year old! And hate it though you may...you might just need to wake him up in the night to give him a "snack!" Just my 2 cents....old grandma that I am!

We had a nice visit with Russ and Rachel! She is so funny!

Kari said...

What a beautiful baby you have! I am truely so happy that you get to now feel the joy of motherhood! It really is God's greatest gift to women! Love ya!

Marcie said...

love,love love it!!!

Mrs. Lay said...

Aw, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure his eyes are blue!!Not brown!! You see these five pictures!!haha!!

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute! Love his eyes! Tanner has the same eye color and I don't want them to change either. I wish I could give Joseph some of Tanner's poundage - he gained 10 ounces in 4 days last week. Eli and I didn't even know that that was possible!! Have fun being a mommy!!