Saturday, May 19, 2012

Joy School

I love the Eyre family! Linda & Richard Eyre are the creators of Joy School and it's been around for a long time. I have friends who remember being in Joy School themselves. I've always wanted to do this with my kids and it just amazes me that it's already that time! (If you want more information about setting up your own Joy School group, go here.) I got together a group of friends to do it with me. There are seven moms and seven kids in our group: four boys and three girls. One boy was 4 years old, and one was 2 (he just barely turned 3) and all the rest were 3 years old. We started it the end of January and next week will be our last week. Each mom has rotated weeks, teaching twice a week for 2 1/2 hours each day. All the lesson plans, stories and music are all part of the curriculum that we purchased. The units we've done this "semester" were on the following:

  • Obedience & Decisions
  • Interest & Curiosity
  • Spontaneous Delight
  • Trust & Confidence
  • Individual Confidence & Uniqueness
  • Imagination & Creativity
  • Family Security, Identity & Pride 
All the kids in our group have really loved it and it has been such a good thing for Joseph. I am so glad we did it! I'm looking forward already to doing it again in the fall and am wondering what we're going to fill our summer up with! I plan on doing Joy School for the full two years with Joseph, so by the time he's done with it Kaili will be 2 1/2 years old so I'll start again with her probably in the fall of 2014 when she's 3.

These pictures are all from Joseph's first day of Joy School. All the little kids are so cute now that they know each other a lot better. It's a lot of fun to watch them interact with each other. The bottom picture was their art activity for the day which was melting crayon wax in between wax paper with an iron. 

Photobucket

1 wonderful people have this to say:

Mrs. Lay said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I've checked out the site that you linked to and would really like to join. I noticed that you can refer people and get a credit, so I wanted to make sure that you get a credit when I join. I think it said I will need to enter your user name when I sign up, so if you want me to do that, let me know. :) Now I just have to find some people to do joy school with me.