Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why I Am Afraid of Bridges


When I was a child my family would go hiking at this place called Raven Rock. (I grew up in North Carolina for those who don't know.) The hike was beautiful, however, there were a few of these little bridges over a little, winding stream and without fail, every single time we walked over them my Dad would stomp real hard on them and in a loud, gruff voice say something or other about a troll underneath the bridge we were tromping on. And to this day I still become extremely anxious whenever I'm faced with crossing a bridge on foot, especially one with water running underneath. I usually run across as fast as I can, although occasionally I am able to put aside my fears and walk normally across.

The picture, as a note, is actually authentic. I took it myself when my sister and I went back to North Carolina in 2006 and we actually managed to find this place we always went hiking. That was so much fun to return there where we had so many memories.

0 wonderful people have this to say: