Thursday, April 23, 2009

Caught in the Middle


I'm cleaning house today... well, "house" on my computer, that is... sorting through all my digital pictures. Hence, another little post. I can never look at this picture without laughing and reliving a little of the emotion I felt as it was taken. This was from a few years ago when we were out playing in the snow up at my Mom's house. John and I were using two circular sleds to scoop snow and toss it at each other and my little brother happened to be standing in between us (unbenownst to us) at just the moment when we both tossed a sled full of snow towards each other and it all landed on him. My mom happened to snap this picture immediately after it happened and oh my heck. Look at that face. Do you blame him? I'd feel the same way getting an unexpected shower of snow! It even went down inside his snow suit at his neck. Poor kid! But boy, do I love this picture.

And because I'm weird like this, I like to come up with life analogies for things like this. I thought of a good one to go along with this picture and that is to not let your kids get caught in the middle of your fight cause they'll get a load of crap falling all over them that they don't deserve, and that, obviously, breaks their hearts. The end.

Oh wait! One more thing...

my stomach is twitching.

1 wonderful people have this to say:

emily said...

oh yes! truly. keep those kids out of your dumb fights! hahahaha kids are sooo precious. you know though, there are times when kids needed to know pain and you won't know that they did. so stay with learning on all levels. Kind of like lasagne gardening. Where there is a layer of peat moss, soil, cow poo, soil, leaves, soil, rotten food, soil, and you stick the seed inside and it grows even better with all the layers. You are learning at the same times others learn, we are just on different levels and it all works together for everyones benefit.