Well, we recently celebrated John's 27th birthday on the 26th of July. He wanted to go camping up at Pine Valley, but we were not able to find an open spot. So we scouted out Baker Dam reservoir and found a beautiful site to camp at. There was a little bit of a stagnant water stink that bothered some people, but I thought it was just a fantastically lovely little place to stay. There was even a tire swing! Here's some pictures of what our site looked like:




All who came camping with us were John's parents and 5 of his sisters and their respective families. Our nieces and nephews loved exploring, climbing rocks and trees and crossing the river. We had tin foil dinners, played on the tire swing and played horseshoes. We weren't able to build fires due to a restriction with an expensive fine attached, so we cooked all our meals over a little camping grill that Doug & Diane brought. We fell asleep in our tent being able to look up at the stars through the top and they were beautiful. Of course, though, since we didn't put the top over our tent, we were woken up by a little rain in the middle of the night. We were also woken up a few other times by a raccoon scavenging through our food, a stinky skunk that John was sure had sprayed our tent, and the fact that our air mattress had a slow leak in it and we had to pump it up a few times. But in spite of all the events throughout the night, John and I slept pretty well. It was a really enjoyable camping excursion.
****I want to upload a slideshow of pictures from our trip... so if you want to see them, check back a little later****
We headed up to Enterprise on Saturday. John opened his gifts and we sang happy birthday and had white cake with cream cheese frosting and coconut on top. He got some movies, clothes, games, tools and another watch. (he lost the one I gave him for his birthday a few years ago and has been really missing it, so I got him another one.)
I think the world of my husband and am so grateful for him in my life and for the love we share. He is such a wonderful guy and I love him tons!
****I want to upload a slideshow of pictures from our trip... so if you want to see them, check back a little later****
We headed up to Enterprise on Saturday. John opened his gifts and we sang happy birthday and had white cake with cream cheese frosting and coconut on top. He got some movies, clothes, games, tools and another watch. (he lost the one I gave him for his birthday a few years ago and has been really missing it, so I got him another one.)
I think the world of my husband and am so grateful for him in my life and for the love we share. He is such a wonderful guy and I love him tons!


0 wonderful people have this to say:
Post a Comment