I got a call around ten o'clock last night from my husband telling me that he was on his way home from Salt Lake. He finally gave up on waiting for our Pontiac to have the transmission finished (which is why he went up there Friday night to pick it up in the first place), so he decided to jump in my parent's old junker with a fair warning that the engine was on the brink of failing. He had only anticipated being up in Salt Lake for a night at the most, so brought with him only the clothes he was wearing. So I can't say that I blame him for wanting to come home so badly being without a change of clothes or a toothbrush! So then comes ten after midnight and I get another call from him, "um, the engine blew up and we're stranded in Scipio. Can you come pick us up?" There was absolutely nothing else I could do but laugh. Especially considering that our other vehicle, his truck, decided to break down on me on Tuesday night. It was working just fine and I took it to go to a meeting and then halfway there realized I had forgotten something important so I turned around to go back home, parked in the driveway for a few minutes while I ran in and when I came back out it just wouldn't start. The battery worked but it wasn't turning over. Maybe the alternator? Anyway, I got a ride from my neighbor over to the meeting. It's a good thing they were going to the same meeting I was! So at midnight, I turn to Rainbow (my friend who is living with us) and told her of my husband's request and we got in her car to go pick them up. Yeah, I didn't get back home until six this morning and I had a nine o'clock meeting (which I got a ride for) and I only dozed off a few times during the meeting! Anyway, please oh please, just be grateful for cars or ANY vehicle at all that works. That's my advice for the day. :)
Fireworks
7 years ago
0 wonderful people have this to say:
Post a Comment