Good grief. Remember how I said I've got so much stuff to blog about? I still do... I've just been so busy! It's hard to get them out! Well, so here's another one.
On June 24th, I flew out to Cleveland, Ohio on a red eye flight. I spent the next three days at an international convention for my company receiving training for my business. Our convention was in the Quicken Loans Arena where the Calves play. The place was packed and full of high, positive energy.
It was such an impactful weekend, full of fantastic training for my business and success training for life in general. My big epiphany came from a quiet voice spoken straight to my heart, not necessarily directly tied to anything I was hearing the presenters talk about. It was part of this quote, one of my favorites, by Marianne Williamson:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
I realized that ever since I had began my business in January, that I was playing small. I was afraid of succeeding fully because I was worried about making someone feel insecure around me. I realized that my playing small was not serving my family. I realized that my playing small to help someone else stay in a comfort zone was not being loving, but being fearful. I realized I wanted to change. And so I made a choice. And I've stuck to it. It was a small victory breakthrough moment for me. I am grateful for it and for the subsequent events that have occurred as a result of my choice, the largest being that I feel closer with and more united with my sweet husband.
0 wonderful people have this to say:
Post a Comment