Thursday, March 04, 2010

happinesses


I have been really blessed to have wonderful friends and family close by that help me out by watching Joseph while I am at school or working my business. I have been really grateful for their help! Joseph has got to spend a lot of time over at his Uncle Doug & Aunt Diane's house. His favorite person to be with while there has been his cousin Davin who is such a great older cousin. *take note of the long hair in the middle of his head in this picture*

Joseph's hair was driving John crazy so he wanted me to cut it. Well, I didn't want to, but oh well. I did it anyway. So here is Joseph's first haircut. This was a little more than a month ago.



I love this face.





It was so short! I didn't like it. John did. Now we're both happy because it's grown back out and it's even.


We enjoyed a spontaneous visit from my mom and younger sister Saydi the first weekend of February. It was so fun having them here. My mom was an ANGEL in helping me clean my house! I know Joseph enjoyed their visit too.







Joseph loves to poke my eye and play with my eyelashes. He's started saying, "eye?" as he pokes it. The only thing that drives me crazy is when he decides to intensely dig his fingernails into my face all of a sudden. Doesn't feel so good. John and I have both received battle wounds from his unexpected attacks.


Here's Joseph with his little friend Addi. They get to play with each other a couple of times a week and both always play so happily when the other is around. It's been so fun becoming good friends with her mom. And John has become good friends with her dad, so we do things with this family quite often. They are feeling more like family every day. It's really nice to have such good friends so close.


Joseph usually doesn't play on his own in another room other than the one I'm in, but today he did. I had been on the computer for a bit and could hear him playing in the bathroom. As time kept ticking by and he kept on playing in there, I finally decided to go take a peek at what was keeping him so entertained and this is what I found. It gave me a good laugh.


I sure love this little guy! He's 15 months old already! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. He has 8 teeth and if you look closely you can just about see all of them in this awesome smile. He's been signing a lot more and it is so fun to be able to communicate with him that way. He signs: more, milk, banana, all done, cereal, cracker, eat, daddy, doggy fan, socks and a couple of his own made up signs. He will use objects to help him stand up and then will let go and balance and clap for himself. He does that pretty well and has taken just a couple of steps on his own. I'm sure he'll be walking in just a few more weeks. Actually, one of his favorite ways to get around right now is walking, but on his knees! It's the cutest thing. I'll end this post with a video I caught of him doing that very thing.



Photobucket

4 wonderful people have this to say:

Melissa Monday said...

Lindsay, Joseph is so cute and is getting so big. I love him walking on his knees. That is too funny!!!

I miss you guys. I can't believe how much Joseph is growing. It makes me sad that I don't get to be a part of that. Oh well, we'll look forward to seeing you hopefully sometime soon. I love your blog!!

*MARY* said...

Oh Lindsay, Joseph really is the cutest baby.
When Meici first discovered my tampons she thought it was candy.

Mrs. Lay said...

What a cute little guy. I love his bathroom adventure. That's a classic. I know what you mean about the fascination with faces, though. Braxton, too, likes eyes & noses & has given me a few scratches when he gets too excited. They just have such scratchy little fingernails!

April said...

I was looking at this post, remembering how your mom had a baby just after our year together at Oakcrest, and I was thinking, "Oh, her mom has a baby..." and then I realized, "oh yeah, it's been 7 years since Oakcrest..." so that little girl IS your mom's baby!! Wow! Time flies! Joseph is so cute and so is your blog and I love your positive attitude Sunbeam, I love you!