Google has had a contest among school aged children to create a drawing of the "Google" logo that will be posted on their search engine. The theme was "What I Wish For the World." Well this week is the time to vote for the national finalists and the final winner's art will appear on google.com on May 21st.
I love everything google and so was excited to see the top finalists and cast my vote. I love the creativity of youth too and really enjoyed looking at all the pictures they've created and reading what it is that they wish for the world. I thought it was interesting how many of the drawings had to do with saving animals. I'm curious if it would have been that way 15 years ago. It seems, to me, that there is quite a push for "saving the animals" and "going green," more so now since the nation has been so well-informed by Mr. Gore. I do believe it's important to be mindful about how we use the resources we've been blessed with. My concern is that children are receiving the idea that the earth and the plants and animals on it are more important than they themselves are, for that is simply not true. And that's all. :) Now on to who I voted for!
K-3
Friendship Around the World
This drawing is by a 5 year old! So cute! She's from Tennessee and here's what she says she wishes for:
My wish for the world is that everyone would get along and treat one another in a nice and loving way. We could all be friends!
4-6
Learn, Teach, Reach and You Can Change
This is an excellent drawing by a 12 year old from Wyoming.
What I wish for the world is that every child and every adult have a chance to go to school and learn. If every person in the world could have the opportunity to go to school, it would make the world a better place, not only for the world, but for the people in it.
7-9
Stop to Smell the Flowers
I love this one! That ladybug is so stinkin' cute. This was by a 13 year old from Ohio. And I love what she says:
What I wish for the world is that people would slow down to see all the beauties of life of the earth around us. So many people rush on with their lives never stopping to say hello to a lady bug who's watching the world spin by.
10-12
From the Ashes
This drawing is just beautiful, but along with it, I really love all the thought that went into it by this 13 year old from Kentucky. Wait a sec. I just realized this is a 13 year old in the grade 10-12 category?? Must be a genius. Anyway, I love symbolism, so I really loved this:
The world will be reborn in peace, harmony and prosperity. Pheonix is reborn from ashes; blossoms and lotus symbolize peace. Earth is a prosperous place like an apple. Kois symbolize harmony. Wheat is celebrated as a prosperous crop. The clock represents time for the world to change. The butterfly carries it on its journey.
Now it's your turn! Go vote! :)
Fireworks
7 years ago
0 wonderful people have this to say:
Post a Comment