Tuesday, May 05, 2009

5 Months


Here's what Joseph's been up to lately. He is a very happy baby and smiles at anyone he looks in the eyes. He especially loves little children and I've seen him in fits of giggles when a little kid is playing with him.

He is so happy in the mornings. He's always excited to see my face peek over his crib when I come to pick him up in the mornings. He hardly ever cries and if he does it's because I'm a little slow getting his bottle to him in time. But even if he's crying for his milk and I hold him in my arms while I make his bottle so he can see what's coming, then he stops crying and patiently waits for it.

He is mastering his hand work and really enjoys grabbing for things. He can move things from one hand to the other.

He loves playing on his back and only has a little patience for staying on his tummy. He rolled over the first time back in mid-March, but he hadn't done it again until last week. And since then he's been rolling a few more times. He's even gone once from his back to his tummy.

He really loves to play with his daddy. John can get him into peals of laughter quite easily when he comes home from work.

He loves going for walks in the stroller, or strapped in the Snugli and usually falls asleep during them. We've been going for walks more often with one of my friends who has a little girl a month and a half younger than Joseph.

He is enjoying his baths more. I usually get in the tub with him, and it's been a while since he's cried. Occasionally he'll even smile while he's in there. I think it would be fun to try out swimming with him sometime soon.

He has tried "solids" twice so far, once in a bottle and once with a spoon, but he only took a little bit. When I fed him with the spoon I don't even know if he got anything down because he doesn't know he's supposed to swallow what goes in there on the spoon. But he swished it around in his mouth for a little new taste and didn't seem to mind it.
He is getting really close to sitting up on his own. He can do it for a little while if he's propped up against something, but if he tries it just by himself he folds over in half and starts grunting/crying uncomfortably.

He went through a mini phase of sucking on his pointer finger and is now on a little kick of sucking in his bottom lip, sticking out his tongue and blowing bubbles over and over again.

He loves to lay in his bed and if he is fussing while we're holding him because he's tired, all we do is lay him down in his bed and he stops fussing, smiles and settles down to go to sleep. He will fall asleep on his own, usually within just five minutes after laying him down. He takes two naps a day, and they can range all over the place, from one hour to three.

He enjoys watching the picture slideshow on our computer and usually smiles at pictures of himself, John or I. We are sure having a lot of fun with him and feel so blessed that he is a part of our little family!

10 wonderful people have this to say:

Nielsen Familia said...

He just gets cuter and cuter Sunbeam!!!

Rachael said...

He has changed so much in the last short little while, he is now a chubby smily baby it is SOO CUTE!!

Kenneth and Emily said...

You have such an adorable baby! I can't believe how big he's getting :)

*MARY* said...

I think Gerber should start using little Joseph's picture on all their baby products; he's so much cuter.

Marcie said...

aww doesn't look like hes having a difficult time putting on weight now! He is so PRECIOUS Sunbeam!!!

Kari said...

He is so cute and getting so big!

Ashley said...

Wow! He's growing fast! He's gotten chubbier! Especially in his face. He's so cute! :)

Melissa Monday said...

Man, Lindsay!!! Joseph is so adorable. Thank you for doing such a great job of posting pictures. I LOVE looking at them!!!

I can't believe how big he's gotten.

Mrs. Lay said...

What a great post. I'm so glad that he's turned out to be such a happy little guy. I wish Braxton were, too! I love all of these pictures. It sounds like you're having lots of fun! We should get together again soon. :)

The Fullmers Four said...

Sunbeam!!!
I found the Oakcrest blog, which lead me to your blog! Which makes me happy! Your baby is sooo cute! Check out my blog:

http://fulloffullmer.blogspot.com

Love, dOpEy