Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Contemplation

there are so many layers to myself that I am constantly discovering that I'm finding it rather difficult to even write anything about it all. I feel it's hard to be myself when I know others are watching (in this case, reading.) I'm used to being me to the fullest when no one else is paying attention or watching. How do I let my true colors shine out in the open? I feel like I'm dressed as the main character and standing out on stage with an attentive audience. I know my lines and who I am, but I wasn't expecting having to play the part right now! It's like someone drew the curtain up when I wasn't ready and now I've got to figure out how to play my part successfully after such an embarrassing and awkward revealing. What's next? I'm not quite sure yet... suggestions anyone?

1 wonderful people have this to say:

Elaine said...

This is such a fascinating entry to me, Lindsay. It sounds so precisely like what I've been feeling, lately. I don't know that I necessarily have any 'suggestions,' only to try our darndest to be our selves in the open the same as we are when no one's watching or reading. I think the thing that helps me with this the most is being completely open with my supportive husband, and getting his input on what he thinks I/we 'should' do about 'letting true colors shine out in the open!'