Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hey Nogins!

So at John's work, him and a guy he used to work with came up with nicknames for each other. Somehow (not quite sure exactly) John's nickname became "Yogi." John loves silly nicknames, so he brought this "Yogi" name home and uses it all the time for Joseph. He's also adapted it to "Yogins." Both of these names are used interchangeably around here. Joseph copies everything we say and the way that he pronounces these nicknames are "Nogi" and "Nogins."

So the other night, I was cleaning up after dinner and John had gone to the bathroom. When Joseph was finished I let him down off his chair and he went running to find his daddy. I heard him open the bathroom door, walk in and say brightly, "Hey Nogins!" I laughed so hard because that's the first time I've ever heard Joseph call his daddy a nickname. And it was also funny because he's the one that thought to say it. It wasn't something I had told him to go say or that he was copying John saying.



Great little memory for us... just wanted to get it down in writing. :)
Photobucket

2 wonderful people have this to say:

The Silva's said...

He seriously is such a cute face!!!

April said...

That is really cute and funny!