to the tune of my two snoring boys sleeping on the couch!!
Just wanted to make a quick post to announce that: I'm returning to the realm of higher education!!!
For those of you who know me well, you'll know that's quite an accomplishment to even get that far! I felt many whispered inspirations over the summer to "qualify" myself to be able to be a resource that people can turn to for advice, guidance and direction... a.k.a. counseling. So I decided to heed those whisperings and applied as a junior at SUU to major in sociology. I don't feel a sense of urgency to get a degree, just that it is important for me to do *someday*. So I figured I might as well start working on it a little chunk at a time. I'll be taking two classes each semester and the plan is to graduate in Spring of 2014 with my BA in sociology and then apply for the 3 year, part-time Master's of Social Work program through the University of Utah extension at SUU.
Funny story. I applied, was admitted, filled out my applications for financial aid and was awarded some aid and a loan, and registered for my classes at SUU all before it occured to me that I have no idea how I'm even going to get to the university that is 40 miles away from my home. Yeah. It didn't even occur to me. We currently only have one car and not a whole lot of wiggle room in our budget. True story. The end is still yet to be written. 
Fireworks
7 years ago
2 wonderful people have this to say:
Wow. Well, good job on taking the first step. I'm sure the rest will work out. Perhaps you'll meet someone who also drives there daily & you could carpool? Way to go!
love this post. my prediction is that as you reach and put your foot out to step, the place and support will open up.
Post a Comment