Last week John and I went on a little hike at Red Cliffs Recreation Area. It's about 6 miles from our house. It was so beautiful and really made me want to go back some day soon with a swimsuit, even though the water is ICE cold! These are just some pictures to enjoy from our hike.
When we got to the water part, we had to climb around this rock using the footholes and rope to help us. After passing that, we followed the river pretty closely and came to a couple of spots going around the rocks where we were worried about slipping into the water. Finally we just started climbing up the big rocks to go as high as we could and enjoy the view from up high, rather than trying to follow the water without having any of the proper equipment, ie: towel, swim suit, etc.




Making our way back down the mountain was interesting. I found that doing the "crab-walk" was easiest, but my legs were sure feeling it for a few days after!
We came to a particular spot where there was no other way than to go through these cactus and John was quite nervous doing this little "cactus-walk."
If anyone comes down to visit us and wants to go visit Red Cliffs, just say so and we'd love to take you there! *hint hint* I love living near all these red rocks. It's so beautiful!














4 wonderful people have this to say:
It looks so beautiful there! Too bad your dad and I are so out of shape...But maybe some other time!
Well, Christian and I just may take you up on this offer within a few months, while we're out of school for the summer!
okay okay we get it St.George is GORGEOUS!!! Stop rubbing it in the faces of the Salt Lake Cityzens. Today is April 16th and we woke up to snow on the ground.
Lindsay,
I found your blog through Brianne's and am so glad I did! You are so cute! I haven't seen you forever...it looks like you are doing great! I wish I lived in St George...so fun!
Ashley (Gray)
Post a Comment