Monday, November 19, 2007

So Small

Songs say a LOT about people. I feel like the kind of music I love: the beat, the lyrics, the artists... it all says a little something about ME too. About where I'm at in life, what I love, what I think about, what I feel. I'm really grateful for all the heartfelt creativity that artists put into their work and their willingness to share a part of who they are with the world. I feel like we're all a little part of each other.

Anyway, today, the song that is really resonating with me is "So Small" by Carrie Underwood and I just wanted to share it and say "AMEN!"

What you got if you ain't got love?
The kind that you just wanna give away
It's okay to open up
Go ahead and let the light shine through
I know it's hard on a rainy day
You wanna shut the world out and just be left alone
But don't run out on your faith

Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbin'
Is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
When you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small

It's so easy to get lost inside
A problem that seems so big at the time
It's like a river that's so wide it swallows you whole
While you're sittin' 'round thinkin' 'bout what you can't change
And worryin' 'bout all the wrong things
Time's flyin' by, movin' so fast
You better make it count cause you can't get it back!

Sometimes
that mountain you've been climbin'
Is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
Oh, when you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small

0 wonderful people have this to say: