I am a breath of fresh air!!! Because of my spirit I bring light, truth, freedom, wealth wherever I go. I am a breath of fresh air. And because of what I bring to others, I soar.
I had an incredible experience today. I am organizing a choir. We want to practice in the St. George Tabernacle. I felt hugely prompted to go and speak with the new missionary director at the Visitor's Center. I walked into is office as a breath of fresh air. Without even realizing it, I was a direct answer to his prayer at that moment. He has only been in this position for one week. If I had come a week before, I wouldn't have been able to help him like I did today. But after one week of seeing what his duties are and seeing the obstacles that were in his way, he was very much overcome with the task that lay ahead of him. Because of my previous position in the employment of the Church, I provided the precise information he was seeking in his heart and through his prayers to help him overcome these obstacles. I worked closely serving the previous missionary director in taking care of the maintenance of the facilities of the Brigham Young Home, the Jacob Hamblin Home, and the Tabernacle. I was able to tell him exactly what he needed to know as to how to get things done with those facilities. He asked me, "why did you come see me? Did you know you would be an answer to my prayer?" I said, "no, but I live by the Spirit every moment of my life." He said, "So do I." Then he asked what he could do for me. All I needed was a phone number. He gave it to me. As I stood up to leave he asked, "so you like music?" I said, "YES. I LOVE music." "Instrumental?" "YES." He reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a new cd called Sacred Cello by Steven Sharp Nelson. I almost fainted. You must know that I have had a deep, abiding passion in my heart for the cello since I was in 5th grade, and I have no idea why. "Is this you? Do you play the cello?" "No, this is my son." I was in awe and humbled by the spiritual experience we shared together. When I got to my car, I put in the cd and tears flowed to my eyes. My spirit is stirred up greatly. I'm listening to the music now as I type this. One thing I discovered about my sister recently is that she shares, for some unknown reason, the same deep, abiding passion in her heart for the cello. All I can think of is this. Elaine must hear this. It's the most incredible thing I've ever listened to. I KNOW that the Spirit of our Heavenly Father will touch her heart through this music. I KNOW she will feel His love for her. I KNOW she will FEEL that He is real. He is there. He loves her. I must leave now and go to the UPS store where I will ship this cd to her so she will receive it tomorrow. My note included with it will say this: "Elaine, don't ask. Just listen. Love, Lindsay." I've already sent her a short email saying: "I have something for you. You will receive it tomorrow." My heart is overflowing with tears. This music testifies of my Savior. This music is a testimony of His love. How in the world could the dear missionary director ever know the impact he has made and will make tomorrow in the life of a beautiful young daughter of God who desperately needs to feel His love? He couldn't know. But he does know that it is precisely because he can't know and doesn't know that he prays with all his might that the Spirit will guide him, because God does know. He knows that God knows. And so do I. I know God knows.
Fireworks
7 years ago
0 wonderful people have this to say:
Post a Comment